"“We have lent a huge amount of money to the U.S. Of course we are concerned about the safety of our assets. To be honest, I am definitely a little worried.” "


Chinese premier Wen Jiabao 12th March 2009


""We have a financial system that is run by private shareholders, managed by private institutions, and we'd like to do our best to preserve that system."


Timothy Geithner US Secretary of the Treasury, previously President of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.1/3/2009

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Gordy's Gaydar working overtime

Wainwright's crush on Brown
(Yahoo News Friday September 07, 2007 12:35 AM)

American singer Rufus Wainwright has an unlikely crush on prime minister Gordon Brown.

The gay pop star, 34, was impressed by Brown's warm nature when the pair recently met at a TV studio, and Wainwright admits he immediately took a fancy to the 56-year-old politician.

He says, "I think Gordon is really sexy. Most women I know feel the same.

"I met him briefly a few weeks ago when I did a Sunday morning show. He was very sweet. We talked for about two seconds and I invited him to watch one of my performances."

He doesn't appear so attractive to some visitors however.

No comments:

(C) Very Seriously Disorganised Criminals 2002/3/4/5/6/7/8/9 - copy anything you wish